Founded by firefighters, the HardCore Mudd Run event raises money each year to help support the families of our fallen brothers.
As firefighters, our passion and inspiration come from the heart of a firefighter. We believe in banding together and giving back to our community. We are committed to keeping this idea alive and joining with others who share our beliefs.
Each year, Hardcore Mudd Run raises money for the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. The Foundation honors America’s fallen fire heroes and provides resources to assist their survivors. They also work within the Fire Service Community to reduce firefighter deaths.
Hardcore Mudd Run also supports local charities in our State College, PA community by donating to THON. THON is a Penn State University, student-run philanthropy committed to enhancing the lives of children and families impacted by childhood cancer.
The Hardcore Mudd Run is a labor of love. The dedicated members of our team are people with regular 40-hour per week jobs. HMR is truly our passion.
- Today I am not a racer, competitor or contestant.
- Today I am being tested, challenged and pushed.
- Today pain and fear will find me and I will overcome.
- Today I am here to be challenged.
- Today I Am here to claim my right.
- Today I am no longer I or me.
- Today I will become us and we.
- Today WE will become members of the HARDCORE Brotherhood!